EDII – which stands for Educate, Develop, Innovate, Inspire – is a distinctive innovation, education and development company built for regulated markets.
We provide business practitioners with a uniquely specific combination of innovation, creative, business and leadership skills needed to inspire and thrive in a digital-driven world.
Why Choose EDII?
- Become a corporate creative: Our goal is to enable business practitioners at all levels to foster creativity, innovation and critical thinking. Through our programmes you will learn to influence, embed business creativity and inspire deep cultural change for operational success.
- Be part of an award-winning alumni: Our industry-first programme, Digital Minds, has helped hundreds of delegates develop their talent and affect real change in the London Market. It is the only certified 12-month programme created for insurance professionals, by insurance professionals.
- Learn from the best in the business: We bring together an exciting panel of expert speakers, industry specialists and trainers from across your market. You’ll be supported every step of the way by Coaching Directors, and you’ll supercharge your business network with unparalleled access to senior leaders.
- Develop skills for life: EDII is designed to encourage and test creative ideas in the digital field in a practical forum, enabling participants to drive change and deliver immediate and long-lasting value within their own companies.
- Diversify your network: We believe transformation should have diversity at its heart, and everyone should have access to the markets we work in and love. We bring cross-market talent together to both learn and execute on new ideas, and we also open up our programme to under-represented talent too.
About Caroline, CEO
Caroline Bedford is the Chief Executive Officer at EDII. Her passion is developing creativity, capability and confidence in existing and future business leaders. This, in turn, enables transformational change in historic and tradition-rich sectors. Having founded and grown the award-winning innovation programme Digital Minds, her success and passion is widely recognised through her delivery, where she uses her own unique blend of technical and people skills. This makes her a renowned motivator in launching effective new business programmes.
Caroline has held various digital transformation and training roles in the insurance industry. Most recently Caroline worked at DXC Technology where she served as London Insurance Market – Modernisation Lead and founded the Digital Minds programme. Prior to DXC Technology, Caroline served as Head of Insurance Product Training and Lead Analyst – Underwriting at Markel International and has spent her career in the specialty insurance sector.
In 2020 Caroline was named Mentor of the Year in the Women in Insurance Awards and in 2019 Digital Minds won Insurance Days’ Diversity and Talent Management Award in its London Market Awards.
“To fully embed innovation takes capability, commitment and capacity. Companies are struggling to build a culture to truly upskill their valuable business talent, and until EDII, nothing else existed that fully addressed the variety of key development needs of traditional market practitioners. We have created industry-first programmes that engage passionate and committed business professionals and enables them to develop innovative, creative, and business-critical skills. EDII’s offerings allow them to engage with their peers, teams and seniors to create long-lasting value for their organisations.”
People are at the heart of what we do in the London Insurance Market. We need to not only upskill and retain our current workforce but also attract talented young people to our industry too.
Often described as the best-kept secret in Financial Services, we bring insurance to the forefront and provide insight to those who don’t traditionally have the access to consider it as a career option.
Our mission to open doors to under-represented talent is achieved by offering sponsored programme places to students and young people from areas of inequality and low social-mobility.
They become ‘Next Gen Delegates’, as we introduce them to the world of insurance and equip them with the insight and knowledge to help them gain that all-important experience to get a foot on the ladder.
Our Next Gen Delegates join the programme for the entire cohort year, and work shoulder-to-shoulder with delegates already established on the industry career ladder. We work closely with the Delegates, their originating organisation and the sponsoring organisation to support them through their education journey and potential recruitment opportunities.